Friday, August 07, 2009

Hero Time Starts Right Now!

In the words of Henry Rollins, "I'm talking to you: hero time starts right now!" The Hero Initiative is at it again, this time with the Wolverine Weapon X 100 Cover Project. They picked 100 comic book artists to do an original, one of a kind sketch on a blank variant sketch cover of Wolverine Weapon X #1. I think only 100 variant covers were printed especially for The Hero Initiative. A rare collectible if you can get one! They will be actioning them off a few at a time on ebay. I'll try to post a link when mine goes up for auction. Please bid if you can, it's for a great cause!

The Hero Initiative (Formerly known as A.C.T.O.R., A Commitment To Our Roots) has had the good fortune to grant over $200,000 to the comic book veterans who have paved the way for those in the industry today. They are a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to helping comic book creators in need of emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. It's a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.

I recreated the cover to Ballistic Wolverine #1 by my good friend Joe Benitez. It's one of my favorite covers ever, in fact it's framed and hangs in my studio! Since I would never sell the original, and I've been offered serious cash for it on a few occasions, I thought this would be a good way to raise some cash for a great charity!

2 comments:

Fred Schiller said...

What a great piece of artwork. Welcome back to the land of blog--you've been missed.

smgl said...

keep writing and get goal