Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Grew up on Groo

Every year the San Diego Comic Con publishes an official program book with tribute drawings for various characters celebrating milestones and anniversaries. This year is the 25th anniversary of Sergio Aragones' "Groo" one of my favorite comics as a kid. You could say I grew up on Groo...

As a member of CAPS, we did a "Group of Groos," a jam piece with each artist drawing Groo in their own style! Since my take wasn't going to be exact, on-model Groo, I thought I'd draw an actor in the role of Groo on the set of Groo: The Movie. Fun to do! Viva El Groo!

2 comments:

Fred Schiller said...

I didn't like your drawing at first, Aaron, but then I guess you could say it Groo on me.

Sigh...

(I wouldn't be nearly this pathetic had my mother breastfed me, or bought me a pony, or had a pony breastfeed me. Do horses even have breasts? Google will know)

Aaron Sowd said...

Ouch!

Google knows everything. It knows when you're asleep...